ArtGir #2 – Let’s discover ArtGir for Gilgil, Kenya
On Saturday 14 April 2018, the Original Foundation will realize the second edition of ArtGir, its socio-cultural and artistic action for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Let’s discover ArtGir for Gilgil in Kenya.
ArtGir – “Acting through the Arts“
ArtGir is a socio-cultural and artistic action initiated by ORIGINAL Found for children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
3 objectives for a strong commitment :
- RAISING AWARENESS about art and culture;
- CREATE vocations and / or passions;
- LEARNING while having fun;
Edition #1 : ArtGir for Abobo
- Date : Saturday 11 February 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- The aim of ArtGir for Abobo was offering an artistic and cultural day to children from disadvantaged backgrounds from the Abobo neighbourhood in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire).
- A dozen children discovered painting for the first time with the Ivorian painter, Jean-Baptiste Djeka, who, as a true pedagogue, explained their painting technique while enjoying time with them.
- We realize this action thank to 8 volunters and with the participation of Mouna Mekalé, a young Ivorian woman committed to supporting children from underprivileged neighborhoods and orphans
- We thank Houkami Guyzagn Galery and the start up Colivoire Express for their participation to this action by giving to us a financial and material supports.
- We had the pleasure of having the presence of journalists from Cocody News magazine, CNews FM radio, the news site http://www.actulive.net, the newspaper Le Sursaut and TV5 Monde.
Edition #2 : ArtGir for Gilgil
- Date : Saturday 14 April 2018 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- The aim of ArtGir for Gilgil is offering an artistic, cultural and social day to orphans suffering from HIV/AIDS who are accomodated by the Loving Hands Safe House
- The Loving Hands Safe House is a rescue center for young vulnerable children infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. Its mission is to enhance children protection and give them quality care. The children’s parents, family members or guardians are either missing, poor, ailing or died of Aids. And with no social security net in Kenya, these children are on their own thus exposing them to neglect, poor health, forced labor, gang assault, crime, hard drugs, hunger, sexual and emotional abuse, arrests, harsh weather conditions, mental anguish and hopelessness.
- A diferent range of activities will be share with a thirty children like play sessions, painting, dancing….
- After being sensibilized to this project by 10 volunters who will participate to this action, the Original Foundation gives a social, financial and material supports.