Woman of culture, Director of Frat Mat Editions (Editing) and Promoter of the Prix Ivoire for the Litterature of Francophone Expression, Isabelle Kassi Fofana will be in the spotlight on the platform for this month of March. Indeed, a video interview will be devoted to her and will be published on March 30, 2018 on www.originalfound.com. In the meantime, let’s discover the Prix Ivoire.
Akwaba Culture Association
Akwaba Culture is an association under ivorian law created in 2007 by Henri N’Koumo, Lusiano N’Dohou, Atsa Sidibe and Isabelle Kassi Fofana.
This association whose slogan is « When culture becomes a passion » aims to promote literature. Isabelle Kassi Fofana is the president. In 11 years of field work, Akwaba Culture has managed to position itself as an essential structure in the field of African literature by launching the Prix Ivoire for the African Literature of Francophone Expression.
The Prix Ivoire
The Prix Ivoire for the Litterature of Francophone Expression is an award sponsored by the Ministry of Culture and Francophonie of Côte d’Ivoire, the International Organization of La Francophonie (IOF), the French Embassy in Abidjan and the Librairie de France Group of Côte d’Ivoire which celebrates this year its 80 years of existence.
The purpose of this prize is to encourage literary creation and expression in Africa, to celebrate and highlight the best works from the continent and now from the diaspora.
Since it creation, the Prix Ivoire has rewarded 10 writers. 7 women were rewarded. They are the Senegaleses Racine Kane and Mariama Ndoye, the Cameroonians Elisabeth Ewombe Moundo and Hemley Boum, the Haitian Kettly Marx, the Moroccan Bahaa Trabelsi and Marie Allie from Martinique. The winner of the Prix Ivoire 2017 is Johary Ravaloson from Madagascar.
The Prix Ivoire 2018
- Guest Country : Tunisia
- Reward : The prize is composed of a cheque in the amount of 2,000,000 XOF (about euros 3,000) and a trophy
- Composition of the Jury : It is composed of writers and critics. It will be chaired by Were Were Liking, choreographer, playwright and writer who received the 2005 Noma Award.
- Agenda :
- From March 7 to June 15, 2018 : Opening of applications. The works published in the French language (novel, poetry, theater, news, etc.) can be combined without imposing the literary genre or the theme.
- June 30, 2018 : Sends selected works in 5 copies to Prix Ivoire 2018, Akwaba Culture, 01 BP 12 803 Abidjan 01, Côte d’Ivoire
- November 7 to 11, 2018 : 11th edition of the Prix Ivoire
Read more in English :
- Did you know? : Let’s discover Isabelle Kassi Fofana
- Isabelle Kassi Fofana, more than 20 years for the promotion of the Book
A lire en Français :